Sunday, September 18, 2011

Oh, we're not done with you yet!

It's Sunday, September 18, 2011, at 1am. The neighbor next door has the radio playing at full blast. You remember my neighbor? She the one that specializes in cooking food that smells like yesterday's road kill (lo que piso un coche ayer, for my Spanish friends). I need to find out what country she is from so that I can scratch that one off my list of places to visit.

Here's an interesting way to get the neighbor to turn her radio down! In the distance, I hear the sound of drums. They are getting louder. It sounds like what I heard the first week I was here. And it is! Coming 'round the bend is a procession. Jesus Christ! No, I mean Jesus Christ. Cross and all. Lead by clergy with incense burning (cough), and followed by a drum and bugle corp, with the faithful sprinkled here and there.

Anyway, it only lasts half and hour. Here's some pics with my cheap Brownie camera (actually expensive FujiFilm camera). What a great Going Away present.

 

 

Wow, a lot of people are going to be very upset if all this religous stuff has been blown out of proportion. And, there's no sense in calling the cops (la pasma) about all the noise; they're in on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment